"" From Now Till 'I Do'...: Happy Birthday Blog!

Happy Birthday Blog!

birthday-cupcake

Today my blog turns one!

I don’t normally blog on Sundays but today I'll make an exception.

A year ago today, I went online and decided to create a ‘blog’. I remember telling my family about it and they were like, 'what's a blog and why do you need one?'

Fast forward 12 months and what started out as a place to document my thoughts and planning of my wedding has turned into something much more. From Now Till I Do has evolved into a place where I can talk honestly about the things that we're all going through, whether it be about life in general, relationships, engagement or fun things like recipes in the kitchen.

Through this blog, I have connected with so many people from around the world {my top three countries of readership are USA, UK and Nigeria}, shared the ups and downs as people have planned their weddings, had their babies and faced challenges in life. I've written loads about my own personal journey; from relationships to life discoveries, from faith to weddings and have grown so much as a person. My faith has grown so much.

When I first started writing I only told a few people about the blog, I didn't even have it open for all to see. I guess I was afraid of putting myself out there, speaking what I believed and coming off the fence. But I am glad that over the past year I have put my fear to one side and have 'found my voice'.

This blog is many things but particularly it is...

a place of truth {Ephesians 4:15}

a place to share {I love all your comments and feedback, keep them coming. Also if you have a question you would like answering, send it here. Feedback on how I can improve the site is also welcome}.

a place to grow {what a difference a year makes, we need to continue to look forward}

Speaking of sharing, the last Friday of every month I will be opening up the blog to a guest poster. Starting in March if you would like to contribute to this site, talking about relationships, weddings, marriage, family or your walk as a Christian, now is your chance. Just send me a email with your ideas and we'll take it from there.

Thank you loyal readers for all your support during the last 12 months. I pray the next 12 are just as fun and fruitful!

p.s. This blog is also a creative outlet - can anyone say html coding! The site has had a bit of a face lift this weekend. You might have noticed all the tweaks taking place. If you're reading this in your RSS reader, hop over and take a look. Let me know what you think?

{picture source}

7 comments:

  1. Happy first birthday to your blog.
    Keep up the excellent work. I enjoy reading your posts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfect!Great! This helped so much! I've read several
    rather confusing websites lately, this cleared up some confusion I had.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday "From Now Till I Do"!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. congrats! Happy Birthday. Many happy returns. LOL...
    You may now add New Zealand to your top list. LOL
    God bless your heart my friend :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on one year! I'm a fairly new reader and your warm spirit/personality really does shine through...must be something about Chichi's =)

    I might take you up on guest posting one of these days...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for all the birthday love and support as readers!

    @ Chichi - the door is open!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love hearing from my readers!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...