"" From Now Till 'I Do'...: The real voice of the blogger

The real voice of the blogger

I came across this post yesterday by Stie, which got me thinking about blogging in general and how much of myself I reveal to the online world. The writer was reflecting on a post she read by Travellin’ Oma, which talked about ‘assessing whether the posts we write are real reflections of our true selves or if they are merely the best of us put on display’. I would definitely agree that blogging is an opportunity to put your best foot forward and reveal the you that you wish the world to see. I admire bloggers like Jenna and Alexandra who are very real, always, warts and all.

As I mention in my About me page, I blog openly and honestly about things I talk about, but of course there are things that one doesn’t talk about here. Like the wedding postponement for example and why 4 months on, we still haven't announced a new date for the wedding. Not because we haven’t wanted to do, but because there are personal things going on ‘behind-the-scenes’, which are just not appropriate to share right now and prevent us doing so. This has been hard to deal with, I won’t lie.

Blogging is something I enjoy a lot and I love to write freely, but there are times when it can be incredibly stressful, as there are things going on in life which I want to share but don’t for fear of offending or upsetting certain people. I guess there is a fine line between airing your dirty laundry and sharing real raw stories about your personal life and it’s about striking the balance. I’m not sure if this is a sign of weakness {worrying about what others think} or me just being respectful to certain individuals and not wanting to rock the boat.

Some days I’m not sure.

Just before Christmas I thought about taking the blog offline and making it private, thus still allowing me to have the outlet to talk about all issues but to myself, but then I thought isn’t that what diaries are for? This place isn’t a place to moan and cuss others, but a place of love where I share my thoughts and experiences on my road to marriage. Something I will continue to do.

If you don’t see any posts on wedding detail stuff, it’s because presently I’m not doing much ‘wedding’ stuff per se, however I hope this will change in the coming weeks. As time moves on and I’m given ‘permission’ to share certain things I will do and hopefully that will help give you a clearer picture on things. In the meantime, I will continue posting as per usual on topics that are relationship, marriage and life based. Hope you don’t mind!

Thanks for all your love and support.

C.

3 comments:

  1. I've just been getting acquainted by reading your blog back several months. I love how you write. Thanks for introducing yourself to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll keep reading as long as you keep writing. I love your posts!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love hearing from my readers!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...