"" From Now Till 'I Do'...: One Year Off

One Year Off

In his article, First Year Off, Jonathan Dodson extends the law in Deuteronomy 24:5 that allowed Israelite men not to be sent to war during their first year of marriage to a more general principle of a taking a year off from other responsibilities to "to be happy with his wife".

He talks of being careful not to over-commit to work, church or other people when the focus should be developing and deepening the relationship with your spouse.

For a girl who is involved in lots of extra-curricular activities, this I am liking.

I am liking a lot.

Where do I sign?

4 comments:

  1. That is so beautiful, what a wonderful idea. I agree with this, so many people have problems in the first year of marriage.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so looking forward to it. A chance to really focus on my husband and our relationship.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd heard about this in church. They won't let people serve during the first year of marriage.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it's a great principal and all churches should do it. Kinda like their wedding present to the bride and groom - take a year off!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love hearing from my readers!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...