"" From Now Till 'I Do'...: Married in a year

Married in a year

You know when you hear those stories of a couple who meet each other and just knew that God has called them to be together. 12 months ago they didn’t even know each other, or know each other that well and now they are getting married. How does it make you feel?

For me, I find it so amazing how God works. A chance meeting, a brief encounter, divine appointment. It’s not until you reflect back do you realise that God had it planned out all along. One of these days I will share how Mr E and I met and how I knew that he was the man God had destined for me. We had many chance encounters, some would call it fate, I would call it God’s timing.

In the meantime meet Suzanne Hadley Gosselin.

Suzanne is a writer for Boundless. A writer who I admire and respect and who last September got married to her husband Kevin. Incidentally she got married on the same day we were supposed to get married, but get this, 12 months prior she was single.

suzanne and kevin 

In her article One Year From Now…You could be Married, she talks about how in the space of a year she and Kevin went from close friends to engaged to married and how God orchestrated it all.

I’ve read Boundless for many years and Suzanne’s story is such a huge encouragement because I read her articles as a single woman, sharing her frustrations and pains, when things didn’t necessarily work out or one felt that God had forgotten about my life. But as I’ve always said, God is faithful and Suzanne’s story is a great testimony to all single and married people. It’s amazing what God can do if you trust Him.

During her period of singleness she said there were three things that helped her to hang onto hope:

  • Actively getting to know God's character
  • Having the right kind of friends
  • Investing in things that matter

I would definitely agree.

You can read more about Suzanne’s 'Year to Love' story, engagement and marriage posts by clicking the links.

Looking for more? Check out: Biblical dating: From 'Hi to I do' in 12 months

{Image by Heather Bauers}

4 comments:

  1. You were suppose to get married. but then you didnt... did you change the wedding date.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes we were supposed to get married 12 September 2009, but we had postponed the wedding. The reason/s why are a whole other post in itself.

    We're now getting married early this year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It amazes me when I hear those stories of people who met, were engaged and got married all in one year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A bit late in commenting but I believe that when your walking in the will of God for your life, He really will take care of everything else and believe me that as I'm writing this I'm preaching to myself. The world will tell you that its crazy, you've only just met but whats more crazier getting married within 6 months of meeting (or within a year) or you having sex with someone within a couple of days of meeting?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love hearing from my readers!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...