"" From Now Till 'I Do'...: DIY Spa

DIY Spa


{DVN spa by Dennis Wong}


So it's a new year and I'm trying to save money.

One of my cutbacks will be spa visits. I don't go all the time, maybe every other month or so, but I had to make a choice between going to the hairdresser or going to a salon. Hairdresser was the clear winner.

So now I'm trying to figure out what stuff I need to get to do my treatments at home e.g. manicure, pedicure etc.

Do you have any recommendations for products that you use that work well and any home diy tips to share?

p.s. Have been using the Bobbi Brown Face Oil for just under a month now. Totally love it and haven't broken out at all. My previously dry and patchy skin is responding well to it. For those of you worried about how it sits under foundation, it also works fine, you just need to let it settle into the skin first. 

2 comments:

  1. I have so many flowers from when I was in the hositpal. So therefore I will recycle them! Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  2. For the last three years now I've gone 'au naturalle'. Although I stopped relaxing my hair at 16 (yup even at that age, I knew about the harshness of chemicals and wanted to embrace my natural hair proudly), it wasn't until I suffered from really bad prosiasis (i think I've spelt it right)and tried every moisturizing cream the doctor recommended but nothing worked. I was introduced to Shea Butter by someone and have been usiing it ever since. This also caused me to look at all the other products I was using on my hair and skin and so since then I only use strictly natural ingredients/products on my skin and hair.
    If you browse the internet or read up on natural ingredients such as butters (e.g, shea butter, mango butter)and oils you will get familar with their properties. However when using such, always listen to YOUR body/hair. For example coconut oil work for some, tthen again it may not work for all.
    Do your own research and play around with ingredients, one of the good things about making up your own products is that you can adjust it to YOUR specific needs. The internet has some good home-made natural receipes for face masks, scrubs, creams etc but its more fun just getting creative and putting things together yourself.

    For a spa like experience though,two words...Rose Water.
    I use it as a toner on my face, body spray and as a hair mist. Trust me, roses are not just pretty flowers to give or receive from a loved one, they actually have many good properties. Its made from distilled water and rose extract and can be purchased from most asian food shops and healtth-food stores although its cheaper buying it from asian shops. Make sure that it only contains water and rose extract and nothing else as there are some out there with alcohol and other nasties. You could always make your own by placing rose petals in a bowl and pouring boiling water over them with a brick pressing them down but I'll rather have someone else do all the work and just pay for it but I do intend to give it a try one day though.
    Also a nice long bath soak with rose petals will be good.

    http://guide2herbalremedies.com/rose-water-benefits-medicinal/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love hearing from my readers!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...