"" From Now Till 'I Do'...: Verse of the year

Verse of the year

Last year the verse that summed up my year was Jeremiah 29:11-12. I never formalised it as ‘verse of the year’ but throughout 2009 it was the verse that I held on to and God used this verse to constantly remind and encourage by telling us, ‘

‘I know what I’m doing. I have it all planned out—plans to take care of you, not abandon you, plans to give you the future you hope for. “When you call on me, when you come and pray to me, I’ll listen.’

Perfect!

For 2010 my verse of choice is Genesis 18:14

‘Is anything too hard for the Lord'?’

Many a times we don’t ask God for things because deep down we don’t believe He can do. But like with Sarah in Genesis, where God gave her a baby in old age, God can can do anything, even the impossible.

So this year I will be bold in my prayers and seek God for things that humanly seem impossible and have faith that He will do it. Now obviously He won’t give me everything I ask for, because not everything we ask for is in accordance to His will or the timing is not quite right, but all the same I will still ask.

I keep a testimony book and very similar to a gratitude journal, I document all miracles and blessings God does for me. I started it last year and on 31st Dec, it was nice to read back and remember all the things God did in 2009, because lets be honest, sometimes we forget.

This year, I will continue to do so and also share with you some of the great things God is doing in my life.

* THANKFUL - thank you God for your protection and journey mercies as I have been driving around in the snow and ice. Thank you that I have not had any accidents or car trouble!

3 comments:

  1. Indeed nothing is impossible for GOD!I love that verse. its similiar to Jeremiah 32v27....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen! It's good to remember all the good things God has done for us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 'I am the LORD, the God of all mankind. Is anything too hard for me?' Jer 32:27

    Great verse!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love hearing from my readers!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...