"" From Now Till 'I Do'...: Well hello 2010, how do you do?

Well hello 2010, how do you do?

Happy New Year, 2010 is finally here! Wishing you and your families a blessed year ahead.

I'm truly grateful to God for bringing me through 2009 and it's good to finally be able to close the door on a really eventful year. I thought about doing a recap post but to be honest, as much as I like to reflect, it really is all about moving forward.

2009 as you know also marked the end of the decade and the past ten years have been full of many firsts and achievements. I finished high school, learnt to drive, travelled Europe, lived in the USA for a summer, went to university, graduated from university, got my first proper job, bought a house and best of all - got engaged to Mr E.

I will always remember this decade as the one that shaped the person I am today. She taught me many lessons and we have laughed and cried together.

I'm really looking forward to the next ten years! I'm going to be a wife, start a family and begin to fulfil all the things God has destined for my life.

New Years Eve this year was fab! Mr E and I went to the KICC watch night service and it was immense being surrounded by 10,000 people as we thanked God for 2009 and got ready to welcome in 2010. The KICC mass choir were amazing and Pastor Matthew preached a sermon on 'How to have a Happy New Year' which I will share with you soon. And to top it all off, Kirk Franklin came and performed, which was fan-tas-tic!

What an awesome way to see in the New Year. Hope you all had fun nights too!

Goals wise I have a number of things I want to achieve this year, ranging across family, to work, to ministry. Things which if I can do will not only be great for personal achievement but for life in general.

'If we all did the things we are capable of doing we would literally astound ourselves'. ~ Edison

So, 2010 welcome - you're going to be a great year. I know it.

xoxo

3 comments:

  1. What an awesome way to ring in the new year! I have loved Kirk Franklin's music ever since I saw him in concert when I was in middle school!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the way the new year helps us to look back and set goals for the future! Looking forward to following along with you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Amy - Kirk was really good - so full of energy. I was like 'it's 3am and he's jumping around, like it's nothing!'. Great performer!

    @ happynappybride - Totally agree! You can set goals any time, but there is just something special about starting something new at the beginning of the year. Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love hearing from my readers!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...