"" From Now Till 'I Do'...: So how am I doing? {Goals - January}

So how am I doing? {Goals - January}

So we're well into January and I thought I would give you all an update on my 2010 goals.

Generally life is very busy right now, especially at work. I'm finding that I'm really tired all the time, so secretly, deep down I hope things will start to settle soon. But hey let's not complain eh!

Some positives...
- I registered for my third module {out of four} of my professional qualifications. I've decided to do distance learning and will start the module in March. It felt good to book that today. Looking forward to starting it.

- I have my 'audition' tomorrow to join the worship team at church. Having been wanting to sort this out for ages and finally managed to speak to the main guy on Sunday about auditioning, so that will be tomorrow.

- I found out one of my old friends who I used to work with has had a baby daughter {is it me or is EVERYONE either pregnant or having babies!}. Really happy for him, can't actually believe he is a dad now! Everyone is growing up!

- It's pay day this week! Woohoo! Start my savings plan!

Some negatives...
- I'm so behind on my Bible in 90 days reading. I should be in Judges somewhere and I'm just finishing Exodus, which by my count is 7 days worth of reading.  The first week went kinda okay and then I missed a day, which turned in another day, which before I knew it was a week. Then each day it has gotten harder to catch up. Also I'm finding that doing it last thing at night, is not the best time, as many a nights I have fallen asleep mid verse!

I'm off work next week for a couple of days, so I'm hoping to spend some time and catch up properly. Following that I plan to do my reading before going on the internet/blogging etc which should motivate me and help me make the time to do it every day.

One thing I will say is that the chapters I have read, I have really enjoyed. It's amazing how a story you think you know so well, can appear much differently when you read it again, with a different mindset. I'm trying not to read it too much like a story book, but really hopefully take it in and allow God to speak to me through His words.

- I didn't lose any weight this week, in fact I put weight on. Totally rubbish! But if I showed you my food diary, you wouldn't have much sympathy! Deep down I really do want to do it, but in the midst of pressure at work, tiredness and most probably lazyness I end up making unhealthy choices. Every morning when I look at all the clothes I could be wearing but can't fit into, I am reminded of this fact.

Losing weight is one of those things that you want to see immediate results but in reality it takes time and I guess I'm just impatient! However one thing I do know from losing weight in the past is that once it starts to drop off, it becomes addictive and you want to stay on track. I just need to get to that point!

How's everyone getting on with their goals for 2010.?

4 comments:

  1. I cant start reading the bible, I always say I will start soon... Instead I go on the internet.. very bad habit..I need to break it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know I'm the same. Then I get too tired to read and end up feeling bad about where my priorities are at. We will get better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You seem to be doing not too badly.

    I am good on my major goal of trying to write everyday. But I hoped I'd be able to go back to my exercise regime. Not happening yet though. E go better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Myne, I guess it's a 'win some-lose some situation'! You do well in some areas and not so in others!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love hearing from my readers!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...