"" From Now Till 'I Do'...: 10 Things

10 Things

  1. I have been a Christian {properly} for 10 years and I’m learning more and more about God each day. I say properly because before then I never really took it seriously. Sometimes I wonder where my life would be at without God and I am grateful to Him for his mercy, grace and many blessings over my life. Bible in 90 days update: Leviticus was never the most exciting book of the bible!
  2. I am big foot. I wear a UK size 10 shoe {11.5 US}, which has always been a nightmare as shoe retailers seem to think that shoe sizes stop at 8 and if you’re any bigger than that you have no fashion taste and want to wear big rocks for shoes. Wedding shoes are even worse. Nowadays this is getting better and in some stores I can even get into an 8. Yay! Now I don’t think my foot is shrinking, their shoes must be getting bigger, right?
  3. When I was a little girl I wanted to be a hairdresser. One day I would love to have my own hairdressing beauty salon. A place where women can come and fellowship as well as look good. 
  4. When I was 16 I wrote a letter into a woman’s weekly about the lack of cosmetics for black people on the high street and it got published! They sent me £20 for the trouble. I was well impressed!
  5. I love reading and at school I won an award for taking the most books out of the library. I am a nerd and proud of it! Today I love to read and write. Today I blog.
  6. I write loads of lists and carry notebooks around with me all the time. I find it a calming way to organise my thoughts and actions for the day. If I can’t find my notebook, the back of an envelope will do just fine.
  7. I am the eldest of six. I have 3 brothers and two sisters, who I love to pieces and am immensely proud of.
  8. Up until a year ago, I never used to cook. My idea of dinner consisted of cereal and milk. Today… well you can check out how I roll now. I am also a non-drinker of both fizzy drinks and alcohol.
  9. I have sung on the same stage as John Legend. Not at the same time of course, but our church held a concert at the same venue where he had just recently performed. I did get to see him in concert one time {great show} and afterwards meet him. Very small guy in real life!
  10. I work better under pressure {read: procrastinator}, which explains why I am still trying to figure out my tax return and the deadline is Sunday!

3 comments:

  1. Do you feel pressure being the eldest of 6kids..

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ Simeone - welcome to the blog, thanks for stopping by!

    @ Andrea - I did growing up. I got the usual 'you need to set an example' and 'your brothers and sisters are watching' speeches quite frequently.

    Now it's not so bad as I don't live at home any more, but I'm still acutely aware that they do look at me and see what I'm doing.

    The whole wedding thing has been interesting because I know my sis is definitely watching how this whole thing pans out, so she knows what not to do with her wedding!

    I love having a big family though and can't wait until we all have families of our own one day!

    You have any siblings?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love hearing from my readers!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...