"" From Now Till 'I Do'...: Goals, Smoals

Goals, Smoals

This year I thought about the things I wanted to achieve in my life for 2010, the things that would make me happy, the things that would help me to grow and I came up with this:

1. Read the Bible in 90 days. I've never read the bible cover to cover and relish this challenge. I started this yesterday and so far I'm enjoying it, but it is intense!

2. Learn a new cooking dish every month. I'm loving the cooking vibe right now, and any chance given to learn something new, I jump at it. I made a cake for both my family at Christmas and my in-laws at New Years. Something I would never have done a year ago and positive responses were received all round! I will be increasing my repertoire in 2010.
You can following my cooking escapades by clicking the 'In My Kitchen' link at the top.

3. Reconnect with my fellow man. I've cancelled my Twitter and deactivated my Facebook. I want to connect with people how we did it in the old days. If you want to speak to me, please pick up the phone, don't write on my wall or poke me. It's just not the same. Likewise I will reciprocate {calling that is}.

4. Lose weight. An old classic! I have broken this down into smaller stages and the first goal is to lose 10% of my current body weight. I am doing the 10in10 challenge where you make healthy lifestyle changes in order to achieve a goal in 10 weeks. I'm really determine on this one, as there is a wedding dress hanging in my house that WILL fit on my big day, plus a load of clothes in my wardrobe which are currently jobless.
You can track my weight loss journey here.

5. Save for Christmas throughout the year. By putting money aside each month, it will eliminate the annual surprise that is 'oh wow its December already, where did my paycheck go'.

6. Remember all the birthdays and anniversaries of all those people who are important to me and ensure that I send a card and give them a call at the very least. I do this for my family anyway but sometimes with friends I slack. This year my dear friends, I will remember your special day and will acknowledge it accordingly!

7. Become more active in my church and join the choir. Miss my singing days so will get back into it.

8. Complete my professional qualifications. I'm doing a Diploma in Corporate Banking and I'm halfway through. God willing I should be done by the year end.

Alongside all of this I want to get married and be a good, GREAT wife to Mr E. I want our wedding to be meaningful and only incorporate the things that are important.

So my fellow readers, please hold me accountable. Ask me how I'm getting on, check on me and give feedback. My commitment to you is to provide updates where I can and monthly summaries to see how I'm getting on.

Have you set your goals for 2010 yet?

3 comments:

  1. You can do it!! I can't wait to witness your 2010 journey through your blog :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, professional development is huge! Reading the whole Bible in 90 days?! Girl, I keep forgetting to read my devotional in the morning, lol!

    Good luck to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I won't lie, the daily bible reading is intensive and I've now had to resolve to doing it first before internet, tv, blogging etc otherwise I get tired and fall asleep part way through!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love hearing from my readers!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...