"" From Now Till 'I Do'...: Happy Monday! Girl in the Mirror.

Happy Monday! Girl in the Mirror.



I've been thinking a lot lately about self image and self esteem and how sometimes as women we can struggle with both. Magazines and television bombard us with images of how we should look, what we should wear, what kind of wedding we should have and it can be all to easy to start to draw comparisons and feel inferior. However when you think that 95% of the images are not even real, it does make you wonder, why do we waste our time feeling this way.

Verses like 1 Peter 3:3-4 are great, because they remind us of the kind of beauty we should be striving for and help put things into perspective.

'Don't depend on things like fancy hairdos or gold jewelry or expensive clothes to make you look beautiful. Be beautiful in your heart by being gentle and quiet. This kind of beauty will last, and God considers it very special.'

This is the kind of beauty I want to have.

I've started to collect verses from the Bible which provide encouragement for those times when I forgot.

Verses like:

"For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb." Psalm 139:13

"Indeed, the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Don't be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows." Luke 12:7

"I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well." Psalm 139:14


Is it wonderful to know we are held in such high regard!

Ladies, share your favourite verses and lets remind each other of who we are in Christ.

2 comments:

  1. Speaking of self-esteem from the Christian point-of-view, here's a song you might enjoy by a new Christian artist named Leah Smith from North Philly(USA). The song and album is called "Beautifully Made":
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l0G4XgxryiM&feature=related

    Happy Listening!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Tracey for that link, that is a really great song. Her voice is amazing as well. Me thinks one will making a little trip over to iTunes this afternoon!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love hearing from my readers!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...