"" From Now Till 'I Do'...: Letting Go

Letting Go

Why is letting go so hard to do?

Whether it is the past, an individual or a situation. Having the ability to walk away can be so difficult.

Maybe it is because as humans we are programmed to like control. In some ways we crave it and hold onto it for dear life, for as long as possible disregarding what the consequences may be - often making unwise decisions in the process.

Or maybe it is a pride thing and the fear of 'losing' prevents us from doing what is right. Is life a game? Is the situation really a competition? Are there supposed to be winners and losers? Surely we all serve the same God. Let His will be done.

Today I have let go of something very dear to me and have relinquished control. Not because I wanted to, but because I have to. I have to give the situation back to God because He ultimately is the Master planner and He controls all things.

I'm sure God is thinking, 'If you really love Me, you need to TRUST Me and know that everything will work out according to My will'.

The truth hurts, but that folks is what I am going to do. I pray that God will continue to help me handle this situation with grace and humility.

"Don't worry about anything, but in all your prayers ask God for what you need, always asking with a thankful heart. And God's peace, which is far beyond human understanding, will keep your hearts and minds safe in union with Christ Jesus'
Philippians 4:6-7

6 comments:

  1. A lot of times it depends on the situation. If its a situation in which things just ended abruptly, you might be having a hard time letting go becuase you want closure. You want to be able to justify the ending of the relationship or situation with something. I know that has happened to me many times. You want there to be something in your mind that will say " this is the reason why" or you want to know or feel that you are definitely better off from the situation and that comes with time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Letting go is always a hard thing to do. I am glad that you did and by doing so you have allowed God to be in control. He will not let you down.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Letting go is not always easy - be it the past, hurts, shames or guilt. However, like you have highlighted, the most important thing is to trust God to work on and in us both to do and will of his good pleasures.

    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  4. Letting Go is not easy but Letting God makes it alot easier.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ Mrs T - I'm doing good, just quietly frustrated but things will get better. I know it. Thanks for caring.

    @ NBB - I like it! Let Go and Let God!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love hearing from my readers!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...